Additional Content Download
Ahead of the 8th Annual Modular and Prefabrication Summit 2017 we chat to Knut Menden, Senior Associate at BVN Architecture about the Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Primary School (Our Lady) in Sydney which has successfully utilised modular construction to reduce project time and costs, while simultaneously improving user experience and satisfaction.
This article with Knut delves into the Our Lady project – including client needs, building methods, and benefits along with challenges of utilising a modular construction method in the Australian market.
Ahead of the 8th annual Modular and Prefabricated Construction Summit 2017 we chat to Tim Bentley, Managing Director of Asia-Pacific at ThomsonAdsett. In this article Tim explores how modular construction is building the future of aged care, and further delves into the opportunities modular construction provides users, healthcare providers, contractors and governments alike.
Ahead of the 8th annual Modular and Prefabricated Construction Summit 2017 we explore the Western Australian Government’s use of modular construction throughout the Stella Village project, specifically the Adara Apartments which went from ground level to six storeys in just two weeks, and delve into the benefits modular construction and private sector partnerships have provided in terms of accessibility, quality, cost and time.
A McGraw-Hill survey notes that Modular and Prefabrication processes have the ability to shrink project schedules by over a month, cut budgets by at least 6%, and reduce construction site waste by 5%. When any expenditure contributes to the bottom line in project management these metrics cannot be ignored. However, because modular and pre-fabrication construction is an underdeveloped method in the Australian market, there remains low confidence that these processes are in fact the most cost effective and practical solutions for a project. Ahead of the 8th Annual Modular and Prefabrication Summit 2017 we look at 5 innovative projects employing modular and prefabricated construction methods and explore the benefits of these methods on project cost, quality, sustainability and project delivery times.
Updating Existing Concrete Structures with Prefabricated Timber Construction to Give a Catholic Primary School Innovative New Classrooms
In this presentation from the Modular & Prefabricated Construction Summit 2017 Knut Menden, Senior Associate at BVN Architects explores;
- Timber for Students: The use of specific materials in order to meet the clients needs
- The process behind engineering glulam, CLT, and Lignotrend to create the prefabricated timber construction
- Overcoming the challenges of using prefabrication to remodel an existing structure
In this presentation from the Modular & Prefabricated Construction Summit 2017 Tim Bentley, Partner at Thomson Adsett Architects explores;
- The current prototype model and what Thomson Adsett is hoping to achieve through modular construction
- How Thomson Adsett plans to embed specific aged care technology, such as pressurized underlays, into the modular construction
- A review of the metrics and research: will this method really lead to construction and cost reduction?
In this presentation from the Modular & Prefabricated Construction Summit 2017 Simon Moore, Director of Complex Projects at the Department of Communities, Western Australia explores;
- The research and development that enabled such fast construction time of the Stella Village Complex
- The overall result of the building as well as customer satisfaction
- Future plans for such buildings in Perth
Want to fast track your attendance to the Modular and Prefabricated Design Summit 2018? It's easy! Simply fill in the registration form and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org